When you are off to sell on Amazon, there are a gamut of tasks you have to focus on- from product research to launching it in the market. Pick, pack, ship, deliver. The quadrant may sound easy, but it involves an entire chain of logistics before the product ordered on Amazon reaches the customer intact.
As a beginner the natural question to hit you is- Where shall I begin from? To answer this question, we have an entire guide to assist you. Start by opening your Seller Central Account. It centralises the process and leads you to the platform of sellers on Amazon FBA.
Amazon is one of those mammoth online selling platforms, that allows you to showcase your products before a global audience. As a seller on Amazon, that provides the best international online shopping cart, you would like to expand your profits and grow to higher realms. The goals would be big and you dream of achieving higher feats and lucrative profit.
Get secured payments, grow and expand your business, keep yourself out of stress and manage the logistics smoothly, and get help from third party services. Let your products get noticed and sell globally to customers all over the world.
What is Amazon Seller Central?
Amazon Seller Central manages various elements of e-commerce platform. It helps in the following ways-
- Process payments with the help of the Amazon Pay platform
- Customize the appearance of the websites where your items are sold
- Perform a full-scale management of the returns that you receive from the customers
With Amazon Seller Central, you can derive the benefits from Amazon Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA).
Amazon FBA includes all the services that lets you sit at ease and concentrate more on business improvement. It takes care of pick and pack, delivery charges, shipment and storage in the warehouse.
How Does Amazon FBA Work?
FBA helps sellers as they open up the products before Prime Amazon members-
- You send the product to Amazon Fulfilment Centre or arrange for a pickup
- Amazon stores your products
- Customers order for the product with fast, free delivery service
- The picking, packaging, shipping and delivery is done by Amazon efficiently
- Amazon provides customer support on products you sell, ensuring a great experience.
How Will I Set Up an Amazon Seller Central Account?
The only prerequisite for becoming a seller on Amazon is a seller account. Open a bank account and provide the information of GST and PAN. You will get access to the Seller Central account, the one stop portal for selling on Amazon.
To create an account, here is what you do:
- Visit Amazon.com and click on the ‘Sell’ option at the top of the page.
- Click on the ‘Start Selling’ button. You will be directed to the account creation page. Enter your name, Email id, and password.
- Once you have your login credentials set, log in to your Seller Central account. Then, you will be taken to the Seller Central account configuration page.
- There are five sections you need to fill. In the ‘Tax Information’ section, you need to furnish your tax identification details such as the name of your entity, address, federal tax classification, and your Social Security Number or Individual Tax Identification Number.
- While you are filling out these details, be sure to cross-check them. By contrast, if you are planning to enter different regions/continents, you may need to set up multiple accounts
Get the information verified on your system:
- Name of the business you own.
- The contact information to reach you by the customers.
- Credentials and physical address.
- Regional delivery coverage.
- Bank information of the account.
- The logo which identifies you as a seller.
- A short pitch to tell the customers about your business. You have to tell why they should purchase from you, and what benefits this choice includes.
- The refund policies in case you have to get the order back and return the cash.
The registration can be done either directly through the web browser or through the seller central app.
After completing these steps, add a two- step security to the account.
How Will You Choose Different Kinds of Products to Sell on Amazon?
If you are not aware of the booms and nadir of Amazon Market niches, then your seller rank has the probability of plummeting down. How will you avoid that? Stay abreast of new product launches, research products and niches, and estimate the sales and revenue. Thus, choosing a product is crucial before you launch your product in the market.
Hit a jackpot. No more is it based on intuition or guesswork, but you can now make data driven decisions. Product research is solely aimed at finding the most profitable niche and the most promising product. Invest in it to get high returns. Predict which product will be rising to heights in terms of market demand.
Analyse historical data, follow sales fluctuations and the trends of popularity over time. Amazon product research tools will assist you in finding the best products, early in its lifetime.
There are some top paid online tools that save hours of tedious research hours. Save time and money by choosing the most profitable product within a flicker.
Whether you are new to selling or a dexterous player on the Amazon selling field, IO Scout helps you enter the market with high-in-demand products. Maximise your selling potential, optimise your business processes and earn high. There is an array of tools that makes IO Scout superior to other similar software. These features include Product Tracking, Product Finding, Real Time analysis of sales and remaining stocks in the FBA Inventory, FBA Calculator to ease calculations, etc. All these tools work in unison to give you a seamless experience of selling on Amazon, regardless of whether you are a pro or a beginner in selling on Amazon.
The top features include:
- Product Finder
- Trends and History
- Keyword Research
- Access to IO Scout Learning Material
- Sales Analytics
- Sales Estimator
- Amazon FBA Calculator
- Listing Optimiser
- 200 Million Products Database Access
- Unlimited Historical Data
- 24/7 Support
Click here to check out my Review on IO Scout
Helium 10 is a suite of powerful tools that helps in SEO, extensive product research to get new ideas, track and validate your products and earn handsome profit. Find products that have high returns and low competition. Optimise the listing and stay ahead of competitors.
Scale your operation and manage your store with the ultimate service provided by Helium 10. It is an all-in-one platform with expertise in selecting niche, researching trends and keywords, spying on competitors and managing refunds. You can manage your inventory using Helium 10 and prevent fraud. Use the service of Amazon index monitoring and strategize your business.
Manage the business efficiently and optimise the products with these tools that Helium 10 has to offer. Selling on Amazon has been rendered smart, easy and smooth.
- Product Research
- Research Keywords
- Hook the Customers
- Smooth Flow of Work
Click here to check out my Review on Helium 10
Pinpoint what you want to sell from the Amazon catalogue of products. Choose your parameters and get the product listing that matches your criteria. Jungle Scout leverages your search and helps you make decisions based on the product database.
Besides product research, Jungle Scout assists in product listing, keyword management, automatic email campaigns and promotions, product alerts and sales analysis. It also provides the feature of Chrome Extension.
Attend weekly sessions and learn how to sell on Amazon. The library is full of detailed and up-to-date courses that helps in learning. Get tried and tested by real sellers on Amazon. Get instant sales data, sales estimates, request bulk reviews, validate product demand and view opportunity score. Uncover profitable products and untapped niches. Find product ideas and evaluate their revenue potential.
Find suppliers, optimize your listing, launch your product and manage your business with Jungle Scout from one platform.
Click here to check out my Review on Jungle Scout
Seller Central Key Dashboard Features
You need some time to orient yourself with the dashboard and get all the features at your fingertips. Go through the detailed features and get accustomed with your work. The dashboard has a widget design and it is versatile.
It provides a meaningful way to navigate through the features. Hang around and get the bundle of opportunities at hand.
Check the inflow of orders, and get the idea whether your business is improving or declining. Manage the customer access from this tab on the dashboard. You can get the indicator whether your business is a success or not.
Access the Amazon calculator that shows pending, shipping, FBA fees, unshipped, return requests, , seller fulfilled, and fulfilled by Amazon stats. Get a comprehensive overview of your business in this tab. You can manage the exchange and return ratio in a single glance. Visualise the data, analyse and get insights to strategize effectively.
It will indeed become your guardian angel training you to deal patiently in Amazon FBA. It is an automatic feature without any manual hindrance. It takes care of your inventory numbers. It aids you in ordering the right quantity of products, as well as ordering for sufficient quantity so that you do not face an out-of-stock situation.
Selling Coach advises you on the better selling products and gives you a competitive advantage. Check whether you will earn more if you deal in that item using predictive algorithm. You can check the predictions of Amazon by clicking on Restock button.
Your handy financial tool that aids in money management. It tracks products diligently, and checks how much cash you got from Amazon and when it’ll be transferred to the account that you have set up as the personal one.
The pay outs are performed two times a month to deliver the best transparency. All you have to do is to pay the $40 fee for the pro account to enable both Amazon seller central and payments summary.
Manage Your Case Log
To err is human, to rectify divine!
Manage Your Case Log is that divine tool that compensates for human errors and mistakes. If you have forgotten to log in an entry, you will receive an alert. Check all the alerts you have received in this tab.
Press the link that shows the number of cases requiring your attention. You will be redirected to the messages which seem troublesome to answer immediately. No hurries, leave them for later. Stay vigilant and informed on the number of issues that ask for your attention.
- Get a succinct overview of the sales and orders-
- The mini-page displays the Ordered product sales compared to Units that have been sold.
- The four periods appear in this tab to get you familiar with the existing sales dynamics.
- If you need to watch over a more precise kind of data over the existing sales and their dynamics, there is a solution for you by Amazon seller central. Go into the View More of Your Sales Statistics link below the main indications to see the picture in the right way.
- Use these data to optimise your PPC Campaigns
Amazon has checked your interest in the market analytics and has also included the insights of other markets.
Who likes to miss out the catchy headlines?
However, sometimes it may so happen that you are missing out on some important headlines and seller news stories. Amazon Seller Central has a solution for this to keep you abreast of the nook and cranny of the Amazon selling market.
Find the latest news about e-commerce, don’t miss a thing!
Amazon gives you a guide as to how you are performing. It will give you a score, depending on your business health. If you can sell well, you will be rewarded with a high score. This score will put you above your competitors, and make you more visible before the base of customers.
Get all the buyer messages. Glance through the A-Z Guarantee. Get a Chargeback section to check the returns along with customer reviews and feedback. Account Health gives an idea of the status of your overall performance.
Choosing Fulfilment Options
There are two ways to sell your products. The entire chain includes a series of steps- picking, packing, shipping, delivery and customer service. In the buyer-centric Amazon platform, meeting timely delivery and supportive customer engagement is very essential-
- By Yourself: You have to list the products on Amazon every time the order is sent to you directly. Then, you should send them via postal services. This can prove to be a tedious task, and there are possibilities of mistakes and inaccuracies. Also, you have to deal with refunds and maintain good customer support.
- By FBA Model: Amazon FBA helps in providing the entire logistics support to you. You can focus on expanding your business while the customer support is offered by Amazon. The customer base increases as the service offered by Amazon is reliable and trustworthy. If you want high end gains, be sure to access the FBA service.
How much Amazon Seller Central cost?
Amazon Seller Central offers two plans to business owners:
- Individual Plan
- Professional Plan
Don’t pay a monthly subscription fee, or a per-item fee. Instead pay $ 0.99 for every item sold on Amazon. If you are selling less than 40 items, go for this plan.
Retailers pay a monthly subscription fee of $39.99. There is no per item listing fee, but there are applicable referrals fees and variable closing fees.
Professional Plan provides these benefits:
- Use of spreadsheets, and feeds
- Access to order reports
- Earn top placement on product detail pages
- Apply to sell in more than 10 categories
- Customized shipping rate options
Benefits of Using Amazon Seller Central Account
- Reach a larger customer base: Amazon puts your products in front of its huge base of global customers. In addition, there aren’t any “per item” listing fees. So, you can pay once you sell an item.
- Access Amazon advertising: You can use Amazon’s advertising service. You are only charged when someone clicks on your ads.
- Access Amazon Pay: Your customers can quickly pay for your products with the information already saved in their account. This is great news for companies since conversion rates go up when it’s easy to pay.
- Use Fulfilment by Amazon: Instead of fulfilling your orders yourself, you can take advantage of Amazon’s proven logistics capabilities to get your goods to your customers. Amazon takes care of picking, pa king, shipping and delivery.
- Enter International Markets: small business owners can expand into international markets without incurring large costs. Amazon users in the U.S. can sell their goods into Europe and Japan.
The Amazon seller is responsible for setting up the Amazon Seller Central account. It is a comprehensive interface used by merchants to market and sell their products directly to customers within the Amazon marketplace. You can handle all of the tasks of shipping, customer service, and returns for the orders yourself or through a third-party logistics provider you choose, or you can choose to allow Amazon to handle this process by enrolling in the Fulfilled by Amazon (FBA) program.
As your business grows, see how the Seller Central influences your business. It is the perfect solution for all beginners on Amazon FBA selling. The platform is the milestone of your career on the platform. We believe that you’ll show great results there.